03 November 2009

Writing an XNA Game

I'm writing a board game in C# with the intention of getting it to run in XNA.

I don't want to get distracted with xna and graphics just yet. I want to have a working game first. The approach I am taking is:-

1. Create a console app.


2. Get it to initialise and display the board as text. Each of the 24 squares on the board is numbered (0 - 23) and the pieces are represented by red or green non-zero values. An empty square is shown as a white zero. Start squares and home squares are in blue

3. I have added code to capture how the pieces move from square to square.

4. Also added rules, for checking when the game is over and who won, and preventing any illegal moves.

5. I have added a game loop so you can play a game human vs human.

This is working well so far, but the display is not easy to read in a console app.

No comments: